PASSPORTS & VISAS
The majority of visitors to China will require a visa to enter the country. If you are not a Chinese citizen, or a passport holder from Singapore, Brunei, or Japan, you will need a Chinese visa.
Participants can apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least 2-3 months in advance of the meetings.
If you require a letter of invitation in order to apply for a visa, please indicate this when you register. All of these invitation letters will be provided by CNAS; the application form for the visa invitation letter will be sent to you shortly after you register. Once you complete the request for a visa invitation letter, you must return the form to CNAS directly (the email address for the CNAS contact responsible for visa invitation letters will be listed on the application form).
Due to privacy requirements, this application should NOT be sent to IAF, ILAC or the conference organizers. If you intend to apply for a Tourist (“L”) visa, an invitation letter from CNAS will not be required.
Necessary materials to apply for Chinese Visa
- A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa;
- One Visa Application Form of the Peoples Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant;
- Passport photo(s)
- Other related application materials according to the purposes for your trip to China; for example, you may need a letter of invitation from a local entity in China.
- Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the Chinese embassy or consulate for your country.
For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in your country.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
HOW TO REQUEST A LETTER OF INVITATION FOR CHINA
2. SELECT YES on the registration form where it asks ‘do you require a letter of invitation for visa purposes’?
3. COMPLETE the Visa invitation letter application form that will be sent to the email address you used when you registered.
4. SEND the completed form to CNAS (email address is located on the form). DO NOT send the completed form to IAF, ILAC or the conference organizers. Due to GDPR and privacy regulations, no one except CNAS should receive your completed form.
5. ANSWER any follow up questions from CNAS.
6. RECEIVE your letter of invitation from CNAS via email (make sure you have entered the correct email address in your registration form).
7. APPLY for your Chinese Visa through your local Chinese embassy.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT CNAS REQUIRES UP TWO WEEKS BETWEEN THE TIME YOU SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED INVITATION APPLICATION FORM AND THE TIME YOU RECEIVE YOUR INVITATION LETTER. PLEASE REGISTER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID DELAYS.