PASSPORTS & VISAS
All travellers are required to go through immigration clearance upon arrival into Singapore. The granting of visit passes to visitors is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before they can be considered for entry into Singapore:
- A passport that is valid for at least six months
- Sufficient funds for the length of your intended stay
- A completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (D/E Card)
- A valid Singapore visa (to check whether you need a visa, see Visa Requirements)
- A confirmed onward or return ticket (where applicable)
- Evidence that you can enter your next destination (for example, a visa)
- A Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
Most visitors coming into Singapore do not require a visa for entry and may be given social visit passes. If you are unsure if a visa is required, you can check with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority or with your local consular office. The period of stay granted will be shown on the visit pass endorsement in your passport. It is imperative that you print out an up to date copy and take it with you for your departure
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE IMMIGRATION AND CHECKPOINTS AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE ARE:
Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore
10 Kallang Road
ICA 24-hour call centre: (65) 6391 6100
Fax number: (65) 6298 0843/ 0837
Nationals of Assessment Level I Countries
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, India, People’s Republic of China, Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity, Kazakhstan, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Macau Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan.
Nationals of Assessment Level II Countries
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Republic of Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mali, Pakistan, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen, and holders of Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle East Countries.
* For details on entry visa requirement, please visit the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoint Authority website at:
The visa application for Singapore is surprisingly simple, and features only 3 pages. This form is available online, and provided free of charge at all Singapore overseas missions. You will need your passport details and the address at which you are staying in Singapore.
You will also need one recent passport-sized colour photograph, which will be attached onto your form. The image must be taken within the last 3 months, with a white background.
- A photocopy of your passport’s biodata page
- A letter of invitation/introduction (this will be provided by the conference organizer after you register for the meetings and indicated you need a letter of invitation)
While you can complete the application form by yourself, you will need another party to help you with the actual submission. This is where authorized visa agents, strategic partners and local contacts come in. They will help you submit your visa application through SAVE (Submission of Application for Visa Electronically). You can contact your country’s Singapore missions for more information.
Strategic partners are institutions and travel agencies with excellent track records. They are granted SAVE strategic partner accounts to submit visa applications on behalf of applicants.
Please approach the Singapore Embassy/Consulate office nearest to you for visa application and submission procedures.